Thursday, January 7, 2010

Updates and new serial VFD modules

I'm finally moved in the new place, unfortunately there has been a lot of 'home things' that needed attention that have pushed back my electronic and software projects. I have been setting up my benches and unpacking my equipment this week in the new basement work area which I am very excited about. I should actually be able to start getting back into things this coming week.

Today my new serial VFDs showed up which has me pretty excited:



They are two line by 20 character display with both an 8 bit 5v parallel and up to 19200bps serial interface. Vacuum fluorescent displays just have a nice glow to them that contrasts the typical look of an LCD display you see today. I plan on using one as a primary display interface for my CPU project among other things.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you post some pictures of it in action when you have it going.

    ReplyDelete